Archive for the "SALADS" Category
This week we are heading over to Homewood to cook for a large family reunion. When we started building the dinner menu our client wanted to focus on healthy food and have a special menu just for the kids. This nice spread will sure keep them happy and full. We are looking forward to it!
Dinner MenuCheese, Fresh Fruit & Cured Meat Plate, An Assortment of Chef Selections. Humboldt Fog with White Truffle Honey, Spanish Manchego and Mnt. Tam Triple Cream. Thin Slices of Salami, White Truffle Pate, Cornichons, Olives and Fresh Fruit with Assorted Crackers. Mushroom Bites, Sautéed Wild Mushrooms, Shallots, and Goat Cheese Baked in Phyllo Dough. Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto. Arugula & Beet Salad, Goat Cheese, Tossed with a Citrus Vinaigrette. Prosciutto Wrapped Chilean Sea Bass with Herb Pine Nut Quinoa. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Crumbles.
For the KiddosChicken Tenders with Sweet Potato Fries.
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl add brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage.
- In a small bowl add orange zest, juice, poppy seeds, honey, olive oil, salt & pepper, mix until all incorporated.
- 30 minutes before dinner marinate the greens with the vinaigrette, cover and place back inside the refrigerator.
- Right before serving add raisins and sunflower seeds. Enjoy!