Archive for the "DESSERTS" Category
6 INDIVIDUAL SERVINGSI am pretty much a sucker for anything caramel, add salt to it and I’m in love. I find that others share this sweet love affair with salt and caramel too. These salted caramel puddings with whipped cream and sugar cookie crumble, is a must try. This dessert is a great option for large or small groups. Serving in small individual Mason Jars makes it easy for people to grab and eat. I hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
SALTED CARAMEL PUDDING
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups of your favorite sugar cookies, crushed.
- With stand mixer or by hand, add cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Keep inside the refrigerator until use.
SALTED CARAMEL PUDDING
- In a small cup, mix together the cornstarch and ½ cup of the milk until smooth, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a small pan over medium heat.
- Slice the vanilla bean down the middle and scrape out the seeds with the back of a paring knife. Add to to the milk and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss out the vanilla bean.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Whisk in about ½ cup of the hot milk into the egg yolks to temper them. Gradually whisk in the rest of the hot milk.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of caramel sauce.
- Return the custard to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, continuously whisking, until it thickens and a candy thermometer reads 175°F, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the butter, vanilla and salt.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve and divide it among 6 small mason jars. Refrigerate until cool, about 4 hours.
- Right before serving spoon dollops of whipped cream and a handful of crushed sugar cookies on top of each pudding.
An ice cream sandwich, so simple and so yummy! They are always a big hit when I make them for an event. You feel like a kid again. I made a classic Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate Chip Cookie with Tahitian Vanilla Bean Ice Gelato. I use Talenti Gelato, pretty much one of the most amazing store bought ice creams, I mean gelato, that I have ever found. Seriously, I might have a problem with it! There are so many different ways to customize your sandwich. Bottom line, pick a cookie you like and add an ice cream filler and eat!
- Cookies, 2 per person.
- 1/2 cup per sandwich of ice cream or gelato.
- Take two cookies and fill will your ice cream. Be careful not to press too hard and break the cookie.
- Serve immediately.
- Or wrap in plastic wrap to serve at a later time.
- Remove from freezer, unwrap plastic and let sit for 5 minutes before serving to soften.
Different combinations to try…
- Snicker doodle cookie with sea salt caramel gelato.
- Sugar cookie with vanilla bean ice cream rolled in rainbow sprinkles.
- Chocolate cookie with chocolate peanut butter cup gelato.
- Sugar cookie with coffee chocolate chip.