These little bundles of joy 🙂 can be served as a vegetable side dish or an appetizer! Good applewood smoked bacon is the best and I personally like thin sliced bacon for this recipe. I have used thick cut bacon before and it tends to split and break when wrapping. Baking these in the oven make sure that the bacon is cooked through. Lets be honest, people don’t like soggy bacon. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Shallots, minced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh ground pepper
- About 1 – 1 ½ pounds of green beans, 1-2 bundles per person
- 2 pounds of Applewood Smoked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water until bright green in color and tender crisp, roughly 2 minutes. Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add olive oil and shallots, saute until translucent. Add garlic and fresh ground pepper. Cook until fragrant and cool slightly after.
- Toss the shallot mixture with the green beans. Divide the green beans into 16 equal portions, about 6 beans each. Gather each portion into a neat bunch and wrap a slice of bacon around the bundle to hold the beans together. Place the bundles on the prepared baking sheet with the loose ends of the bacon underneath.
- Roast until the bacon is cooked through and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes and serve!